Friday, November 27, 2015

As pure as...

I only have a rudimentary knowledge of sewing, but since I am in the costume design class this semester, I was recruited to help. I sewed a lot of snaps/buttons, fixed some hems, and shortened the straps on Red's dress. One of my biggest projects was painting Cinderella's ball gown.

Photo by Jamie Schartz
Yes, you read that right. Sharon (Sullivan, the costume director) bought a white wedding gown, and Corey Perkins and I spent several hours painting it Cinderella blue with special fabric paint.

Personally, I am one who likes to get my hands dirty when I'm working on a big project, so this happened to me:
Photo courtesy of Lynn Wilson
My entire arm was blue, but after about 10 minutes of scrubbing, I got most of it washed off my hands. Lynn stopped me on my way out to snap this picture, and I'm glad she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment